Orana Wildlife Park Volunteers – Incredible People
Since its inception, Orana Wildlife Park has been extremely fortunate to attract a wonderful variety of people eager to volunteer their skills and time. Volunteers are a key part of our operation and primarily assist in the area of visitor services (not working directly with the animals). We have a range of different programmes to suit your interests and skills, including Facilities Volunteers (maintenance assistants), Grounds Volunteers (gardening/grounds maintenance) and Visitor Services Volunteers (guiding, public presentations). In terms of Visitor Services Volunteers, we operate two volunteer programmes: Assistant Volunteers (15-17 years) and Senior Volunteers (18 and over).
Visitor Services Volunteers have a range of roles, but predominantly carry out the following:
- Operate our popular ‘Safari Shuttle’ service for visitors, providing transportation and a quality commentary about the Park’s animals.
- Lead ‘Walkabout Tours’ that follow the Park’s daily animal feed schedule and give visitors a chance to see the animals up close and personal, whilst also having the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the world’s rare creatures.
- Gardening on our grounds.
- Sell raffle tickets and paint faces (proceeds go back into the Volunteer Programme).
- Assistant Volunteers assist our Senior Volunteers but some may be trained to help in our Farmyard.
Full training is provided. Once trained, we require volunteers to work a minimum of two days per month. Once trained, a uniform is provided and rewards are issued when milestone hours are completed.
Next Step to Becoming a Volunteer at Orana
For more information about our programme, please contact the Visitor Services Team on (03) 359 7109 extn 819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to be an Orana Wildlife Park Volunteer, please download the Volunteer Application Pack and complete and return the form included within the pack to email@example.com